Sunday, May 5, 2013

GE13: Policewoman's hubby mistaken for foreigner, beaten up by crowd outside polling station

The husband of a policewoman was beaten up by a group of people outside polling station here.
Tajudeen N. Anver Dacha, 50, a Malaysian citizen, said he was walking in to the Dewan Serbaguna Rawang to vote when the incident occurred.
"I was confronted by a group of men and women who claimed I was a foreigner.
"They hurled all sorts of allegations at me before I was kicked in the back and hit by one of them," he said when contacted on Sunday.
Tajudeen said he feared for his safety and was upset that he was denied his right to vote as he was a legitimate Malaysian Citizen.
"I was born and bred in Taiping, Perak.
"How can anyone bar me from voting and discriminate me because I am an Indian Muslim with a fair complexion," he said.
Tajudeen said he lodged a police report at the Rawang police station.
"I will go back there to vote again as soon as I have finished at the police station," he said.

No comments: