Thursday, July 24, 2014

I'll work till I'm no longer MB, Khalid assures Selangor Sultan

Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim has assured the Selangor Sultan that he will continue to work hard until he is no longer the state Mentri Besar.

"What matters most to the Sultan (Sharafuddin Idris Shah) is the responsible and trustworthy administration of the state, and I told him that I would work until I am no longer Mentri Besar," said Khalid.

Khalid spoke to the media after accompanying the Sultan for the breaking of fast at the Kampung Assam Jawa mosque here on Wednesday night.

Asked if he would step down if the PKR leadership told him to, Khalid said Selangor enactments had to be followed.

On Tuesday, Khalid had said that while he respected the party's decision for him to be replaced by Datuk Seri Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail, he stressed that "proper steps" had to be taken, in accordance with the state constitution.

Khalid said he would continue to lead the state until official procedures to unseat him were followed.
He was reported saying, "I respect the political decision of  PKR in fielding party president Datuk Seri Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail as the candidate for Mentri Besar".

“However, I strictly stand by the state constitution which stipulates specific procedures for the appointment or replacement of the Mentri Besar," said Khalid.

No comments: