Saturday, August 16, 2008

Saiful swears he was sodomised

KUALA LUMPUR: Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan took the ultimate religious step to maintain his honesty by swearing on the Al-Quran that he was sodomised by his former employer Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.
He challenged Anwar to also swear on the Quran, and dared him to deny the allegation in Allah's name inside a mosque.
"It is time to honour my responsibility as a Muslim and to stand up for the truth. I deeply understand that if I am lying, I will be cursed by Allah, and woe will befall me, my family and for generations to come," said Saiful, 23, in his first ever meeting with the press at the Dynasty Hotel here.
The lanky young man, wearing a light chocolate baju melayu and black pants, was calm throughout the 15 minutes press conference on Friday. He had first read from a prepared text and answered some questions from reporters before leaving the meeting room.
He had came straight to the press conference at 7.12pm after performing the swearing at the Federal Territory mosque. Saiful was accompanied by father Azlan Mohd Lazim and lawyer Zamri Idrus.
Saiful maintained he had performed the swearing voluntarily and even dared invoke Allah's name because he was telling the truth.
"The swearing was done in accordance with Islamic rules and after I sought advice from religious elders on how to do it correctly. This is the best way for me to obtain justice on earth and on judgment day. I seek solace from Allah and for the return of my dignity. "I do not wish to twist and turn the matter as Anwar did," he said.
Reporters then bombarded Saiful with questions. He was asked why he only came forward to swear one day before the nomination for the Permatang Pauh by-election where Anwar is standing as a candidate for PKR.
Saiful answered he needed time to collect his strength because the swearing was something sacred and the consequences severe.
"It has nothing to with politics. It is between Anwar and me," he said.
Other questions posed to Saiful included where he was all this while to which he replied:
"I kept quiet because I needed time to gather my strength because I had been accused of all kinds of malicious remarks, especially by Anwar."
Asked why he chose Friday to perform the swearing, Saiful said, "I had long wanted to do so. However, it needed mental and spiritual strength because this is not an easy thing because the consequence is incurring the wrath of God.
"Thankfully, Allah gave me strength for me to perform it today and to face the press."

Saiful: Sodomy wasn't consensual


Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan appeared in public today to swear on the Quran and denied he had consented to the alleged anal intercourse with opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim.
At a press conference in Kuala Lumpur, he also dismissed that his allegation was politically motivated.
This is first time that Saiful was seen in public since lodging the police report alleging that he was sodomised by his former boss, PKR de facto leader Anwar, on June 28.
Earlier, Saiful swore on the Quran at the FT mosque in Jalan Duta that he was sodomised by Anwar.
Saiful told reporters that he had waited to garner courage before swearing on the Quran.
He, however, refused to answer a number of questions, including those pertaining to Deputy Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak.
Previously, it was reported that the 23-year-old youth had the met the deputy premier at the latter's residence prior to lodging his police report.
At the press conference which was held at a hotel late this evening, Saiful showed a two-minute video recording of his swearing on the Quran to reporters.
Saiful said that the alleged sodomy act with Anwar was his first time, but he refused to answer question on how many times he was sodomised.
He was accompanied by his father, Azlan Mohd Lazim (right), as well as his lawyer, Zamri Idrus, at the 10-minute press conference.
Anwar, who is fighting a by-election in his former seat of Permatang Pauh, has vehemently denied the charge and accused his political rivals of hatching a conspiracy to prevent his comeback to Parliament.
Last week, the opposition leader was charged under section 377B of the Penal Code. The section, unlike 377C, is silent on the issue of sexual assault, resulting in it being interpreted by some that the act was consensual.
Below is the statement read out by Saiful:
I feel that the time is right for me to do my duty as a Muslim and Malaysian by doing what is right. With this, I swore in the name of Allah at the Federal Territory Mosque this evening in accordance to the teachings of Islam and as advised by religious scholars and teachers that I was sodomised by Anwar Ibrahim.
The oath I've taken was done voluntarily and it was done to uphold the truth as a Muslim, a Malay and a Malaysian.
I understand that if the allegations and oath that I've taken under the name of Allah are not true, I will be cursed by God and tragedy and curse will come upon my family and the generations after me forever.
I've taken this oath to prove that my allegations are completely true. This is the best way for me to attain justice in the world and the hereafter and for me to redeem my pride and dignity as Allah is the only place where I can complain to.
I've done this for God and I took my oath in the house of God, that I was humiliated and sodomised by Anwar Ibrahim and I do not wish to lie to the world as he has done.
With this, I challenge Anwar Ibrahim to swear by Islam and do it in a mosque, witnessed by religious scholars, teachers and all Malaysians to deny what I've accused him of.

Below are the questions posed to Saiful and his answers:

Who witnessed the oath-taking at the mosque?
Saiful's lawyer Zamri: All the FT Mosque imams.

Where have you been hiding all this time?
Saiful: I've not been hiding but I was quietly gathering enough courage to answer all the allegations against me, especially by Anwar Ibrahim.

Why did you pick today and the FT Mosque?
I've been intending to do this for some time now but it needs mental and spiritual strength as taking an oath is not something trivial or easy. The consequences can be very dire in the eyes of God. Nevertheless, Allah has given me the strength to take the oath today.

Is it because tomorrow is the nomination date for Permatang Pauh by-election?
No.

How do you feel after taking your oath?
I feel relieved and for the first time, I feel that I've been given the strength by Allah to face reporters.

Was it consensual?
I wish to stress here that it was done without my consent.

Do you intend to campaign in Permatang Pauh?
This is not a political matter, it is a private matter between me and Anwar Ibrahim.

Are the allegations you've made against Anwar frivolous?

Everything happened without my consent.

Some people have said that you were sodomised more than once?

I will answer that in court later.

Were you examined at Hospital Pusrawi?
I will answer that in court later.

Why did you go to Hospital Pusrawi first?
I will answer that in court later.

You did go to Hospital Pusrawi, right?
I will answer that in court later. I'm not like Anwar Ibrahim and do not wish to conduct a trial by media. I will give my statement in court and cooperate with them later.

Is this the first time you have been sodomised?

Yes, first time.

The timing of your swearing is very close to the nomination date for the Permatang Pauh by-election. Please explain.
It's all a coincidence. We don't know that Anwar is going to contest and I wish to stress here that I need strength and God has given it to me now. It so happens that it is Friday today.

Were you ever in love with Anwar?
No.

Have you made a police report and can we have a copy of it?
I made the police report at 5.30pm but at 6.30pm it's already everywhere via the SMS and Internet. I wrote the police report myself.

How many times and why did you go and see Najib Abdul Razak?
I will answer that in court later.






tunku : is anwar ready to accept saiful's challenge? he will never.he will give millions of excuses, that fellow told him not to, this ulama said no, that imam wrote 5 pages letter to him , bla bla bla. it is not a joke or conspiracy as claimed by anwar for what saiful did (the swearing).if he lies, he will be cursed.for muslim this is a very serious thing to do.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow
we must respect this saiful for the courage.
anwar bila lagi nak sumpah??

Anonymous said...

berdiri bulu roma saya bila mendengar sumpah saiful.
kalau saiful bohong maka laknatlah ke atasnya dan kalau anwar yg bohong maka laknatlah ke atasnya.

Anonymous said...

it was consensual when mentioned in court and now it's different. story saying that he did not consent to it. saiful wished anwar good in permatang pauh ealier and now he mentions that he does not know that anwar is contesting.ealier saiful mentined that it happened to him a few times and now he says only once. then the timing of the swearing just on the eve of the nomination day, why not very mush earlier? all these are quite confusing to many of us...

Anonymous said...

I just wonder why Quran is used for swearing, when all what being said in the holy book is not used as the basis for laws relating to Muslims.

Tak Dak Nama 3

Anonymous said...

Bersumpah ini adalah sesuatu yang sangat serius. Sepatutnya Anwar pun perlu bersumpah.

Kalau kita ditempat Saiful sanggup ke kita bersumpah sebegitu rupa(laknat Allah kepada seluruh keturunan kita kalau berbohong) semata-mata untuk mendapat ganjaran/upah dari pihak tertentu?

Fikir-fikirkan lah.....

Anonymous said...

wow!this fella sure got balls,eh!.

it takes zillion heck of courage to confess and swears by the Quran because as a muslim one must realize the consequences if he lied while swearing by the Quran upon the name of Allah.

but where have he been hiding all this while?