Saturday, May 17, 2008

Ahmad Given Date To Meet PM Over Oil Royalty

KEMAMAN, May 16 (Bernama) -- Terengganu Menteri Besar Datuk Ahmad Said said Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi has set the date for their meeting to discuss the oil royalty issue.
"I have been given the date of the meeting with the Prime Minister but I cannot elaborate as reporters may chase me and make my life difficult.
"If there is further news, I will let you know. I will tell you after I have met the Prime Minister... If there is good news I will let you know," said Ahmad when pestered by reporters on the date of the meeting.
Ahmad recently asked the federal government to return the management of oil royalties to the state government to enable it carry out projects for the benefit of the people.
The federal government took over the management of Terengganu oil royalties after PAS wrested control of the state from Barisan Nasional in 1999.
At the Dewan Rakyat sitting on Tuesday, Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Senator Datuk Amirsham A. Aziz said that in the three-year period beginning 2004, Petronas gave RM26.839 billion in oil royalties to the federal government including RM7.364 billion from Terengganu oil.

tunku : we would like ahmad to ask pak lah about how much is exactly the royalty money to terengganu. amirsham(minister in pm's department) said RM7.3billion but idris jusuh said only RM1billion plus.So which one is correct.If RM7billion, then where is the balance? we need to set up a royal inquiry too on terengganu's oil royalty fund.

No comments: