Thursday, June 28, 2007

Altantuya Murder Case 28/6/07


Witness Says Altantuya Left Note Of Murder Threat

SHAH ALAM, June 28 (Bernama) -- The murder trial of Altantuya Shaariibuu Thursday heard about a note left by the Mongolian beauty before she died, relating her ordeal of being harassed and alleged murder threats by political analyst Abdul Razak Baginda.
Prosecution's sixth witness Burmaa Oyunchimeg told the High Court here that she found the note, handwritten by Altantuya, while she was packing her cousin's belongings at Hotel Malaya between 9pm and 10pm on Sept 20 last year.
Testifying during examination-in-chief by DPP Manoj Kurup, Burmaa, 26, a beauty salon operator, said she found the note, written in English on both sides of a Hotel Malaya's letterhead in the front compartment of a white Guess bag belonging to Altantuya.
She told the court that her cousin wrote in the note that Abdul Razak was trying to kill her.
Burmaa read out the contents of the note in court:
"Dear all Malaysian government or police, or Embassy of Mongolia, or newspapers. My name is Shaariibuu Altantuya. I came to Malaysia to see boyfriend Mr Razak Abdullah Baginda. He (is) married and lives with daughter Roweena and wife and parents in Damansara Height, Jalan Setia Jaya 22. His office (is) in Jalan Ampang. Yes, I have been visiting his house and office because I needed to see him. Yes, I asked from him money but I have reasons.
"I am a nice person, I can't hurt someone but Mr A. Razak Baginda is a powerful person. He has money. He has connections in (with) police, in government. He (is) trying to scare me, trying to kill me.
"He send his two Indian men to follow me, one of them Suraj (K. Suras) Kumar, he (has) been coming to my hotel room every morning around 5am and knocking (on the) door, trying to scare me.
"They (have) been following me for four to five days. Even to my hotel, I'm staying, workers (also) know. That time I (was) really scared, I have some problems now.
"Mr Razak Baginda promised to help me when I was (in) Mongolia. That (is) why I came to see him and for help. But he (is) trying to kill me and that Indians told me they have connections with police, so they will put (me) to jail.
"Yes, maybe I did mistake to bother him, to blackmail him but if he didn't promise to me, I would never come from far away to Malaysia. The only reason I am here is I'm asking help from Mr Razak."
"I get P.I., private investigator Mr Poh. But today, he told me that Indians would kill and put (me) down from window. And before I write (this) letter, I suicide myself because I have no choice, he told that they have my letters so they kill (me) and say she suicide."

Witness Testify Razak Baginda Did Not Want To Meet Altantuya Anymore

SHAH ALAM, June 28 (Bernama) -- Abdul Razak Baginda sent an SMS to Burmaa Oyunchimeg, a cousin of murdered Mongolian beauty Altantuya Shaariibuu, saying that he did not want to meet Altantuya anymore, the High Court heard Thursday.
Burmaa, 26, a beauty salon operator, said the political analyst wanted her to convey his wish to the Mongolian model.
Earlier, she told the murder trial that she met Abdul Razak thrice when he was in Hong Kong, Shanghai and Singapore between 2004 and 2005.
At the three occasions, Altantuya, 28. was with Abdul Razak and she (Burmaa) knew that her cousin was very close with the political analyst, the sixth prosecution witness said during examination-in-chief by DPP Manoj Kurup on the ninth day of the high-profile murder trial.
In the dock is Chief Inspector Azilah Hadri, 31, and Corporal Sirul Azhar Umar, 35, from the police special action unit, charged with murdering Altantuya at lots between 12843 and 16735 in Mukim Bukit Raja here between 10pm on Oct 19 and 1am on Oct 20 last year.
Abdul Razak, 46, is accused of abetting the two policemen in the murder. The three face the death sentence if convicted.
Burmaa also said she had been in constant contact with Abdul Razak when he was in England and Malaysia if the political analyst failed to contact Altantuya who was in Mongolia.
She also said Abdul Razak had contacted her to convey to Altantuya that he had deposited money into her account.

No comments: