Thursday, April 11, 2013

Dr Chua not contesting in polls but will lead MCA campaign

president Datuk Seri Dr Chua Soi Lek will not contest in the May 5 general election.
MCA
He will, however, be leading the party's election campaign.
"This is in line with the renewal process to reinvent and reinvigorate the party, and to groom new leaders to take charge," he said in a statement Thursday.
He said he was "walking the talk" to allow new and young leaders to be part of the party's rejuvenation process for it to continue to remain relevant.
"It would be very self-serving if I were to declare myself as a candidate.
"I want to prove a point that I am fighting for a cause, that MCA remains relevant, and continue to lead the party without standing for elected public office," he said.
He said this was the first time in MCA's history that there was a full-time party president.
"I wish to continue in the general election where I can campaign full-time for Barisan Nasional candidates, particularly for MCA," he said.
Dr Chua was the member of Parliament for Labis from 2004 to 2008.

No comments: