FORM ROYAL PROBE ON DR M'S SQUANDERING
By Dr. Mahathir Mohamad
1. I welcome Lim Kit Siang's proposal for Najib to set up a royal commission on whether I burned RM100 billion on grandiose projects and corruption during my 22-year reign.
2. Such a commission should not be made up of Government nominees but should have as members impeccable people including foreigners and members of Transparency International.
3. The commission should not confine to one Prime Minister only but to Tun Abdullah Badawi's regime.
4. It should include how RM270 billion of Petronas money paid during Abdullah's five-year term was spent; what projects were financed by this huge fund and the cost of all these projects.
5. It should include how much money was lost due to the cancellation of the crooked bridge and the Johore Baru to Padang Besar railway.
6. What is the cost over-run in the construction of the Bakun Hydroelectric project.
7. The financing of the second Penang Bridge and the procedure followed when giving out this contract.
8. I also agree with Lim Kit Siang that the investigation would reflect Najib's commitment to "combating corruption".
9. In order that the enquiry by the commission would be successful, Government must give the undertaking to give full access to the commission of all the documents and accounts of the Government over the period 1981-2009. There should be no cover-up of any kind.
10. Barry Wain must provide documentary proof of any sum that he alleged I had burned.
11. I will co-operate fully with the commission.
12. Depending upon the result of the commission, I reserve the right to sue Barry Wain, Lim Kit Siang and Malaysiakini.com for libel for a sum to be disclosed later.
13. If the Government is witholding the book: "Malaysian Maverick: Mahathir Mohamad in Turbulent Times", I would request that the book be released forthwith. I am not in need of Government protection.
tunku : they think they can get Tun Dr Mahathir down easily.now both the government and the opposition should bring everything they have against Tun Dr Mahathir.set up the royal commission asap.i am sure that Najib would not do so but we request him to assist in the setting up of the royal commission.Tun is waiting eagerly and wants no cover up or protection at all.only liars are afraid of the truth.bring them on.....