Thursday, April 11, 2013

M'kini tactics - discredit Raja Nong Chik to cover Nurul Izzah's failings


Federal Territories and Urban Wellbeing Minister Datuk Raja Nong Chik Raja Zainal Abidin said a news portal had twisted his explanation on his involvement in an offshore company because "the person they support in Lembah Pantai has not done enough work."




He said: “They know the person they support especially in Lembah Pantai is not doing enough work, so the only way is to discredit the opponent. That’s all.”

Raja Nong Chik said this when asked why such allegations were made against him, adding: “It’s purely politics, just because the election is around the corner.”

 Raja Nong Chik is speculated to be Barisan Nasional's candidate for Lembah Pantai parliamentary seat against incumbent MP, Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) vice president Nurul Izzah Anwar.
  
However, Raja Nong Chik said he had to respond to the allegation of his ownership and involvement in an offshore company to protect his family's name.

In an exclusive interview with The Mole, the 60-year-old politician said he had to respond to the allegation to protect his family’s name, especially his father, Datuk Raja Zainal Abidin Raja Tachik.

“I don’t normally respond to allegations, but this time I have to.”

“It’s not for me per se because as a politician I can accept it. But this is about my father, who is honest in doing his business and they try to implicate him on illegal money and such. I can’t accept that,” Raja Nong Chik said.

He said this when explaining about his recent statement against pro-ooposition news portal Malaysiakini in which he claimed that his explanation on the issue was twisted and misquoted.

Malaysiakini reported on April 5 that Raja Nong Chik is among 1,500 Malaysian who own secretive offshore companies. RZA International Corporation is a British Virgin Islands entity incorporated on August 21 2007 via Singapore.

The article stated, in his response to the news portal, Raja Nong Chik had not elaborated on the offshore investments made by his family through the company.

In a press statement on Tuesday Raja Nong Chik said Malaysiakini had twisted his words by reporting that he had set up RZA International Corporation with his father, Raja Zainal Abidin Raja Haji Tachik, a number of his sisters and brothers as well as other family members.

Raja Nong Chik however explained that RZA International Corporation was set up by his father in 2007 but it was closed down by the end of 2008.

He said: “Being a great father that he is, he gives equal shares to everyone in the family for any family holding. However I was told by my brothers and sisters that he had asked to close the company in 2008, and that’s it. End of the story.”

Elaborating on the issue Raja Nong Chik said: “I have in fact, replied to them (Malaysiakini) clearly on the matter. I thought if I answered to them properly, word by word, even if the article is published, they will also publish my explanation.”

“But they try to create a doubt as though I set up the company, my father is side lined and on top of that I have the intention to siphon off the money. It is totally untrue.”

Raja Nong Chik added: “For me it’s pure and simple, if they manage to go through all the documents they get…it’s all there. It’s all facts.”

Blogger Datuk Ahirudin Attan in his latest post wrote that he was surprised to hear that Raja Nong Chik will be suing Malaysiakini for "manipulating" his response to the pro-Opposition news portal's queries as the Minister hardly complained about bad press against him.

“If RNC asks me, I'd tell him NOT to waste time suing anyone. If he has served the people of Lembah Pantai to the best of his ability, he's got nothing to worry about come polling day,” Ahirudin or better known as Rocky wrote.

Asked whether he will initiate any legal action against Malaysiakini on the matter, Raja Nong Chik said: "Obviously there are people on Twitter who dared me, saying if I'm all clean then why don't I sue but to me there is no purpose to do so.

"I’m very clear with the facts., anybody can go and check it," he added.

No comments: