Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Abdullah brushes aside rumours of 'no-confidence vote' against him



i still have the support and BIG mandate






Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi today dispelled rumours of plans to pass a vote of no confidence against him, saying that he had the strong support of Umno.
He also said that he did not have any problems with his deputy, Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.
He said this when asked about speculations on plans to pass a motion of no confidence against him at the Umno general assembly in June and also on his relationship with Najib.
“As far as I am concerned, I am here. I have been given a very strong mandate, I believe... just short of eight seats of the two-third majority. I am not one to turn away from the mandate which has been given me.
“They (the voters) have given me their vote and it is my intention to continue. I have the suport of the Umno leadership and Barisan Nasional (BN),” he told a news conference after anouncing the cabinet line-up at Perdana Putra here.
On his relationship with Najib, he said: “I have the best of relationships with Najib. You are asking me that....people make accusations about many things.”

tunku : abdullah is still living in dreamland. he still believe he got BIG mandate and all the leaders in UMNO and BN supports him.Ok, let us belive that too and challenge pak lah to call for Umno's EGM and let the delegates vote whether they wants him or not.You dare pak lah ?

No comments: