Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Abdullah Says He Will Not Step Down As Prime Minister


PUTRAJAYA, April 2 (Bernama) -- Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi Wednesday denied speculations that he would step down as prime minister.
Abdullah reiterated his stand that he would not run away from his responsibility as the prime minister.
"I am here. I am here. I am here. They make all the speculations that I want to run away, I've resigned. Why should I resign.
"My Government has got a strong majority (although) not the two-thirds (majority), but very strong... that is the stand of support. Why I must run away from my entrusted responsibility," he told Bernama after a "four-eye" meeting with Terengganu Menteri Besar Datuk Ahmad Said at his office here.
Abdullah was asked to comment on the speculations.
Speculations on the matter arose following calls by some leaders, including his predecessor Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, that Abdullah should step down to assume responsibility for the Barisan Nasional's poor showing in last month's general election.
The BN lost its long-held two-thirds majority in parliament after winning only 140 of the 222 parliamentary while the Opposition captured 82 seats.
The BN also lost control of Penang, Perak, Selangor and Kedah besides failing to regain Kelantan from PAS.
Abdullah's lack of public appearance lately also lent credence to the speculation.


tunku : abdullah man with no shame and full of arrogance

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ini org tua yg jenis takkan sedar punya.