Thursday, February 25, 2010

TanTee Beng Best Actor Of The Year

PETALING JAYA: Rebel PKR Member of Parliament Tan Tee Beng has apologised to party deputy president Dr Syed Husin Ali for a recent outburst that questioned the veteran’s place in the party as well as asking him to quit.
“I retract my recent statements and I sincerely apologise. I hope we can now move forward as a family,” he said at a press conference here Wednesday.
Tan had earlier given his explanation to the PKR disciplinary board at the party headquarters here on charges of openly criticising Penang Chief Minister and DAP secretary-general Lim Guan Eng.
Tan, at a press conference on Feb 3, had questioned the legitimacy of Dr Syed Husin’s appointment as PKR deputy president after the court had ruled that Parti Rakyat Malaysia (PRM) still existed.
(In 2003, PRM, helmed by Dr Syed Husin at that time, merged with Parti Keadilan to form PKR. Dr Syed Husin later became PKR deputy president.)
He had also urged the PKR leadership to suspend and review Dr Syed Husin’s position.
At the same press conference, Tan also called on Dr Syed Husin to quit, saying he was appalled to read his remark made the day before that Tan could resign from the party any time.
However, Tan said Wednesday that he realised that what happened was all due to misunderstanding.
“I was provoked and I was emotional. I was aggressive too, and I offer my most sincere apology to him and I hope we can get back on good terms,” he said.
On his meeting with the board, Tan said he gave his version about the attacks against Lim.
“I explained to them why I made such comments and the reasons for me to be so angry.
“They recorded it down and now I leave it to them for further action,” he said, adding he was told the four-member board would deliberate and submit its decision to the party’s supreme council.
“With this meeting, the issue is over for me, and I am still a PKR MP,” he said.
Tan on Jan 31 had blamed Lim as being the root cause of unrest within PKR and the Pakatan Rakyat.

tunku : yet another drama by these actors in pkr.well keep sweeping all the dirts under the carpet.

2 comments:

eddy said...

Yes Tunku looks like the PKR carpet is getting really undulated with all the dirt they are sweeping under it.

Serindit Desa said...

I thought of giving my comments to this report. But on second thoughts, I felt it's really not worth to even ponder about the whole episode. 'The three stooges' would get my vote over this fella ! Period