Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Tee Keat refutes talk that he will be appointed senator and minister

Former MCA president Datuk Seri Ong Tee Keat has denied that he is being appointed a senator and given a minister's post.
He said such talk was the work of speculators.
"For now, I do not see the possibility of this happening (appointed senator and minister), and furthermore, I believe the Prime Minister (Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak) has better candidates than me to fill Cabinet posts.
"Neither MCA nor Barisan Nasional picked me to be a candidate in the just concluded 13th general election, so I don't think I am suitable to hold a cabinet post," he said late Tuesday when interviewed on BernamaTV's Hello Malaysia talk show hosted by Sherkawi Jirim.
Ong was commenting on a daily's report to the effect.

No comments: