Tuesday, July 3, 2007

'I Want Criminals To Fear Police Every Second Of Their Lives' - IGP


KUALA LUMPUR, July 2 (Bernama) -- "My aim is to clean up Sarawak and Johor of criminal elements. Beginning today, I want criminals to fear the police, every second of their lives.
"I take the trust and confidence of the Prime Minister on my abilities as a personal challenge, and promise to serve the force and the country to the best of my ability."
These were the strong words of Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Musa Hassan when he spoke to Bernama tonight on the extension of his service on contract.
Musa is scheduled to go on mandatory retirement on Sept 12 but Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi said earlier today that Musa's contract of service had been extended to enable him continue with efforts to combat crime and corruption.
Abdullah did not state the period of the contract.
The IGP's words were an indication that he would take the bull by its horns when dealing with the underworld, organised crime, illegal activities and corruption.
"I am giving a stern warning to policemen who are involved in taking bribes and misuse their powers.
"I don't want to see this particular group smearing the good name of the police," Musa said.
The nation's police chief also said the extension of service would help him outline new strategies and plans for the betterment of the force.
"I have a dream to see the force above all in the world. Personally, I want my counterparts to instill confidence and respect to Malaysia's police.
"There are many obstacles waiting for me out there, and believe I can tackle it easily with cooperation from the public," he added.

tunku :HAIL TO TAN SRI MUSA HASSAN. that's the way it should be.the criminals should fear police every second of their lives. i'm confidence with the cooperation from the force, PDRM will be top of the world.it's not easy task but not impossible to achieve.i hope tan sri do not concentrate only in johor and sarawak as the criminals/gangster will move on to other states. make sure every CPO of the respective states take this challenge and hunt down all these gangsters.like i said earlier,it's not an easy thing to do but we can't let the gangsters rules us.

No comments: