Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Rani Kulup: I'm taking a rest from police reports

It has been more than two months since Abdul Rani Kulup Abdullah, or the “king of police reports”, last lodged a police report.

The last report the president of Martabat Jalinan Muhibbah Malaysia (MJMM) made was in December last year.

Asked why he was taking a break, the army veteran told The Star Online that there were many older cases that had yet to be solved by the police.

“Let the police investigate them first, I’m taking a rest. I am busy with other things such as shows, advertisements, acting and dramas. But I will make reports,” said Abdul Rani.

Many have wondered whether he was still making them as this has been the longest stretch without a police report lodged by him since 2011.

Asked when he would be making his next report, Abdul Rani said he was planning to lodge one in March.

“Many people have asked me when I am going to make a report as they miss my reports. They say if I make a report, it looks grand,” said Abdul Rani.

Abdul Rani, who is known for his “Kipidap” line and paramilitary uniform, denied that police had asked him to not make any more reports.

He said police want the people to cooperate with them.

“The police encourage us to make reports,” said Abdul Rani.

Among others, he has lodged reports against PKR vice-president Nurul Izzah Anwar, G25 member Datuk Noor Farida Arrifin and even people who have shared doctored photos of leaders.

He claims to have made close to 1,000 reports since 2011, and expects to reach the magic number of 1,000 by 2018.

Rani himself was at the end of a police investigation in January for accepting a “Datukship” from the self-proclaimed Malacca sultan Noor Jan Shah Tuah.

On Jan 5, he gave his statement to the police at the Gombak district police headquarters.

“There were no problems at all. It’s not like they caught me. It was more of a chat,” he said.

When asked why he accepted the Datukship from Noor Jan, Abdul Rani said he didn’t see any problem if anyone wanted to give him one.

“It doesn’t matter who gave me the Datukship. Anyway, I am already a datuk as I have grandchildren. That is the orginal datukship given by Allah,” said Abdul Rani, who has nine children and 14 grandchildren.

“He wanted to give it to me, so I accepted it. It’s not that I had to pay anything, and it’s not as if I was the only who got a Datukship from him. Many others got it as well,” he added.

No comments: