Monday, October 20, 2008

I Respect Transition Plan, Will Explain To Pm If Needed: Muhyiddin

KOTA KINABALU, Oct 19 (Bernama) -- International Trade and Industry Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Mohd Yassin, who is contesting for the deputy presidency in the March Umno elections, said he has always respected the transition plan that has been agreed upon and reiterated that his comments were merely on the campaign period.
"I respect the transition plan that has been agreed upon. I was the first one who responded to say I respected it, I accepted it, I don't ask anything about it anymore because that has been agreed upon by the leaders, council members, it is good that we stand by with the decision.
"I was just stating facts, if it (the campaign period) is long, it's long. I didn't propose beyond what I said," he told reporters after attending the state Barisan Nasional Backbenchers Club (BNBBC) hari raya get together here, today.
Asked if he would make clarifications to Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi directly, Muhyiddin replied: "I will definitely want to explain, no problem, if the Prime Minister wants me to explain what I said."
On a question if he believed Abdullah had misunderstood what he was trying to say, Muhyiddin said many people did not understand what he was saying.
"Datuk Seri Najib also asked me two days ago whether I've read the report that came out in Utusan Malaysia.
"Actually I said, I was just commenting on people asking me about four months of campaign period, is it long or not? So I said of course it's long, that's it," he explained.
"I don't even touch on the transition plan, I was just responding to a question with regard to the campaign period," he added.
Muhyiddin said he had been advised by many of his friends to be patient with the situation and not give further comments that could be misinterpreted.
Asked if he believed he could continue functioning properly in the cabinet now that some members might be upset with him, he said: "I have no problem because I delivered what I'm supposed to do. I sat together with the Prime Minister in all the cabinet meetings and other important meetings."
Meanwhile on him qualifying to contest the Umno deputy president's post, he thanked all the divisions that had given him their support.
"I'm very encouraged with this positive development, but of course I hope this will not stop, (I hope they) will continue just to give me the much needed support. At the end of the day, of course I hope to win," he added.

tunku : pak lah is going crazy. everyone understood what muhyiddin said but pak lah did not.that's why he fails.he talks about reform and freedom of voice but when his party members talks against him, he can't take it or swallow it.he can listen the craps by the opposition but not from his party.he fires blank at them.by right, umno general assembly should not have been postponed to march 2009. if pak lah is so desperate he can still be the pm till march but let najib take over as umno president this december. pak lah still can whack anything he likes till march 2009.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Muhyiddin Rejim Mahathir

Unknown said...

there are two ways to answer a question.either you answer the question or you said "no comment!".Muhyiddin took the approach to answer the question that might stir things up and clearly he wanted to question Abdullah decision and wanting Abdullah to leave as soon as possible.

at first Muhyiddin said "yes" then after that "not sure" about the transition plan.Muhyiddin is clearly on the same page as Mahathir.they both wanna Abdullah to retire early as the Prime Minister.even Muhyiddin have his support from Mahathir.

Unknown said...

why there's a need to worry about the long period of campaigning?.if they do their job and their campaign well to promote themself,it doesnt matter if it's one month or five months.the candidates can start at anytime on that 5 months period and they dont have to rush.