Friday, November 13, 2015

Zeti says successor should be identified by end-January

Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) Governor Tan Sri Dr Zeti Akhtar Aziz says her successor should be identified by end-January, three months before she is due to retire in April next year.

Towards this end, the governor is encouraging the central bank’s governance committee to convene and conclude the search at least three months before she retires.

In August this year, she hinted that she will not be staying on after her term expires in April next year.

“I certainly will remain in office until my term ends – that’s a five-year term and it ends next year.

“In total, I would have served 35 years in Bank Negara and by then, I would have done most of what I set out to do,” Zeti said at a two-hour press conference on Aug 13.

No comments: