Tuesday, November 17, 2015

I voted for Budget on behalf of my constituents, says Khalid Ibrahim

Former Selangor Mentri Besar Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim has denied betraying his constituents by voting for the 2016 Budget.

Khalid said voting for the Budget, which was passed at the policy stage on Monday night was the right thing to do.

"My constituents (in Bandar Tun Razak) voted for me to do the right thing so I am doing the right thing, from my perspective.

"I can meet my constituents and tell them that this is what I feel was right.

"I am not doing things on behalf of other people. I am doing things on behalf of them (constituents)," Khalid told reporters at the Parliament on Tuesday.

Khalid was sacked from PKR last year and is now an independent lawmaker in the Dewan Rakyat.

He felt that the Budget "must go through" as there are many development exercises to be done by the Government, adding he felt that small changes had to be made to strengthen it.

In his budget speech, the Bandar Tun Razak lawmaker said there was a need to review previous privatisation exercises to correct the problems faced by the people now as concessionaires are reaping huge profits out of such concessions.

"So as a parliamentarian, I do not see the need to oppose the Budget," he added.

No comments: