Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Anwar Proved He Loves Rafizi Ramli More Than Azmin Ali

PKR strategic director Rafizi Ramli will not be punished for 'questioning' Selangor’s water restructure Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Federal Government.

PKR advisor and de facto Opposition leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim said this at the launch of the party’s Kajang by-election media centre today.

Anwar said PKR respects democracy and Rafizi was asking questions on the MoU that has not been finalised.

"He (Rafizi) did informed me yesterday of his questions. I think it's healthy for democracy to ask, but not to form an opinion yet.

"Please allow Selangor Menteri Besar Tan Sri Abdul Khalid Ibrahim some time before he can disclose the deal," said Anwar.

"As for the MoU, I have not seen it but I don't think we should take a strong opposition to his reaction. If he transgressed the basic party rules, it's different but there are some concerns over this (water) issue," said Anwar.
Anwar also pointed out that being a democratic party, freedom of expression is part of PKR's culture and that he has already advised Rafizi to ask all the questions but not to judge the issue too quickly.

"So he asked a few questions because he felt that a more detailed explanation is needed. I allowed it because I think it is healthy and because we have the interest of the Selangor people at heart.

"I find it strange that whenever a PKR member voices a dissenting opinion, you say the party is splitting apart. We are not BN, we are not Umno. We don't have the type of Umno-MCA relationship.

"What political party doesn't have any dissents in the leadership? You tell me. You must allow differing views. You have been calling and demanding (everyone) to respect democracy but when there is a difference in opinion, you said there is a crack in the party," said Anwar, adding that PKR will get hammered if gag orders are issued.

"Remember recently when PKR disallowed TV3 and Utusan Malaysia to cover our Press conferences? We got hammered. But I said that I will allow them to cover us if I can have my five minutes of airtime in TV3," said Anwar.

Asked whether the MoU will have negative implications on the Kajang voters, Anwar said he does not think so as the matter is still under discussion.

No comments: