Thursday, March 17, 2016

Voice in viral video confirms conspiracy against PM

 A voice, believed to be that of Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, has confirmed the existence of a conspiracy to topple the Prime Minister in a video clip that is going viral on social media.

However, the video only has a voice recording of an individual who sounds like the former Umno deputy president speaking over a montage of images, and the context behind his speech cannot be ascertained.

The words "9 Sept 2015. TSMY (Muhyiddin) admits that there is a conspiracy to topple Najib. TSMY admits that the special funds of Umno which is managed by the president is a routine practice going way back" appear at the beginning of the clip, which appears to be edited with the possibility that excerpts of speeches, or different parts of the same speech, have been stitched together.

The speech is believed to be at a closed-door meeting and it is unclear who is being addressed, but it is understood to be a group of people.

It is also assumed that the audio recording may have been taken before Muhyiddin's suspension from his party deputy president's post on Feb 26.

"Perhaps certain parties have predicted that there will be an extraordinary action from me, judging by Umno's history and the actions of Anwar Ibrahim after he was sacked, but I want to clarify that I am not Anwar Ibrahim. I am Muhyiddin Yassin," the voice says, to thumps from an audience.

"Regarding the issue of a conspiracy, here Datuk Zahid (inaudible), the conspiracy to topple the Government, I am not involved. Although that are efforts by certain parties who have invited me but I said no. I'm not a part of that. And thank you for your statement to say I am not involved in that.

"I know who is involved, I know what they want to do. Not to say that they want to topple the Government, but they want to change the Prime Minister. Even in that, I am not involved," he says.

At this point, a screen capture of a tweet by news portal Sarawak Report appears. It reads, "The charges against #Malaysian Prime Minister @NajibRazak" along with images of an alleged charge sheet which was later debunked by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC).

The sentence "Although he has denied involvement in the conspiracy but he has never reported this to the president or the Umno supreme council before he was sacked as deputy prime minister" appears edited above the image.

"In this, the deputy prime minister as (inaudible) must have Special Branch information and whatnot. I know that is the system of our government. The proof is that I am not involved. I know what I must do and I must be responsible over what I have done. If you (Datuk Seri) remember, I have never questioned, I have never asked. I became deputy president in 2009 until now, but I have never questioned the special funds. Because I know that the special funds are something that is managed by the president," the recording says.

On July 28 last year, Muhyiddin was sacked as deputy prime minister in a Cabinet reshuffle, after publicly questioning Najib. He was replaced by Home Minister and Umno vice-president Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.

Umno vice-president Datuk Seri Shafie Apdal was also dropped from his position as rural and regional development minister along with Muhyiddin in the reshuffle.

No comments: