Monday, August 24, 2015

Najib won’t bring up wrongdoings of the past

 Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak says he will not raise “old issues” involving Umno in order to safeguard the image of the party.

The Umno president said he loved the party and would not do anything that would tarnish its image.

“Due to our principle of collective responsibility, I am not going to talk about losses or wrongdoings of the past.

“If we start pointing fingers at the past, it will be a reflection of the party and since I love Umno, I will not want to do it,” he said when opening the Alor Setar Umno division delegates meeting yesterday.

The Prime Minister said what he was doing now was no different than what was practised by previous Umno presidents.

“People say I am soft but there is a limit as I hold on to my principles. I say don’t rock the boat,” he said.

Najib also took a dig at Kedah Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Mukhriz Mahathir who on Saturday during the Jerlun division meeting urged the party leadership to revoke the decision to postpone the party elections by 18 months.

Najib said Mukhriz had an “easy path” to be the MB.

“(Alor Setar Umno division chief) Datuk Seri Ahmad Bashah Md Hanipah sacrificed when I said I wanted to choose Mukhriz as MB. He did not protest or sulk.”

Najib said Barisan Nasional’s state government victory over PAS in the previous general election was due to the members’ unity.

No comments: