Friday, April 10, 2015

Najib: Dr Mahathir has the right to question my performance as PM

As a citizen of Malaysia, Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad has the right to question the performance of the prime minister and the Government, said Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.

"I respect Tun Mahathir as I respect every other citizen of this country. It is the every rakyat’s right to ask questions of me, to question my performance as Prime Minister, and the performance of the Government I lead," said the Prime Minister in a televised interview with TV3 on Thursday night.

He added, however, that he was answerable to the people, and not to any one individual.

"At the end of the day, we are a democracy. I was elected by my party, and by the people of this country, to lead them. As such, I am answerable only to the people – not to any one individual. And if at the next general election, the people want change, they will let us know through the ballot box," said Najib.

No comments: