Monday, October 19, 2015

Ku Li denies will support no-confidence move against PM

Umno veteran and Gua Musang MP Tan Sri Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah has denied he will support a motion for a vote of no confidence against the Prime Minister.

Asked about the matter at Parliament lobby on Monday, Tengku Razaleigh said he had nothing to do with an alleged group of Barisan Nasional MPs who were purportedly trying to remove Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak as Prime Minister.

“I have nothing to do with this. I have no spies on the inside, so how do I know what they are discussing?

“Let’s just see what they are planning to do. I’m sure they have their ideas. But what I know is that I have no hand in the matter,” he said.

Tengku Razaleigh also said the chances of a no-confidence vote being brought up in the Dewan Rakyat were very low, seeing as the focus was on other matters like Budget 2016.

Asked on his expectations for the Budget, Tengku Razaleigh said: “It’s difficult to say. Let’s wait until the 23rd.”

No comments: