Friday, April 10, 2015

Najib: Dr Mahathir wanted me to build ‘crooked bridge’

Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad had expressed his concerns over two specific issues when he and Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak met.

"He had a few concerns which he wanted me to address, and I have shared my views on those matters. He did not approve of the 1Malaysia People's Aid (BR1M) scheme and he asked me to build the crooked bridge to replace the current Johor causeways," said Najib in a televised interview on Thursday night.

Najib added that he regarded his discussions with Dr Mahathir to be a discussion between two individuals.
"It is healthy if we have some differences of opinion. But at the end of the day, I have to be responsible to the rakyat and the party. I brought the matters before Cabinet, and Cabinet made the decisions," said Najib.

No comments: